Customer Service Representative Job Description
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) has one of the most important jobs of the bank. Their primary responsibility is providing Above & Beyond Customer Service each day. Our Customer Service Representatives are the frontline employees who make the first impression with our new and current customers when they enter the bank. One of the most important aspects for you is your knowledge, confidence and expertise in understanding our products and services and providing exceptional customer service on a daily basis.
Below are the minimum requirements of the Customer Service Representative position:
Above & Beyond Customer Service
- Using the customer’s name
- Acknowledging them
- Explaining time expectations
- Recognizing customers and situations professionally
- Customer Education
- Able to quickly understand and listen to a customer’s needs
- Confident in our products and procedures to correctly educate the customer on next steps
- Educating the customer on account details and additional services.
- Maintaining a high level of Communication Standards
- Accountable and Respectable during training, meetings and other bank functions.
- Ensuring you meet the company dress code and are maintaining a high level of business dress
- Personal cleanliness with not only your appearance but maintaining a clean and organized work environment
- Ask questions when you don’t know the why
- Be an expert on products and services
- Be fully engaged
- Be Accountable
- Follow the EAPA lifestyle
- Commit to reaching personal goals
- Covering shifts when needed
- Helping teammates out when needing to leave early
- Reaching Team Goals
- I-Help Awards
- Adjusting to changes throughout the bank in a positive and productive manner
Clerical/ Daily Branch Responsibility
- Correctly processing customer transactions
- Balancing your cash drawer 100% on a daily basis
- Reviewing File Maintenance Exception Log and responding to any issues immediately on daily basis
- Scanning and completing customer requests and processes that need completed.
- Correctly filing paperwork
- Processing Branch Capture correctly and timely
- Observe tasks needing completed through the branch on a daily basis; restocking tickets, cleaning counter tops, refilling drink stations, organizing the lobby area, completing the mail, reviewing supply lists
- Occasionally lift up to 25 pounds
- Stand 100% of the shift
Hours of Operation:
- M-F 8:00am-5:30pm
- Saturday 9:00am-Noon
Candidate must be willing to work most Saturdays.
Prairie State Bank & Trust offers competitive compensation: base compensation with bonus plan and 401(k) with employer matching.
All candidates will be required to undergo a pre-employment credit background check and drug screening.
PSBT is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.