Reports to: Human Resource Manager
Under supervision, the Human Resource Specialist provides assistance with and facilitates the new hire processes for all branch locations. This role is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level. The Human Resource Specialist provides administrative support to the human resource function as needed, including record-keeping and HRIS entry.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists in hiring process by coordinating job posting on the website, reviewing resumes, and performing telephone interviews.
- Performs HRIS data entry and performs a wide range of duties relative to the maintenance and processing of personnel records.
- Assists with new-employee orientations.
- Maintains confidential personnel files and personnel actions.
- Rewrites job descriptions as necessary.
- Manages and tracks all employee disciplinary action.
- Coaches, counsels and guides managers before executing employee disciplinary actions.
- Distributes and monitors employee performance evaluations and ensures they are done in a timely manner.
- Assists the manager with HR projects.
- Ethical Practice.
- Relationship Management.
- Critical Evaluation.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Required Education and Experience
Associates degree or equivalent, with some college course work and minimum of two years of job-related experience, preferably in a human resource department; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Advanced course work in human resources.
- PHR Certified Professional (PHR-CP) credential.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.